GK5000 - Nitrogen Injection Fire Protection System
Transformer Explosion and Fire Prevention System
Salient Features of GK5000
- Economically designed Technology for remote and manual activation
- Righteous design practice as in integration of leak check Flange below depressurization valve.
- Leak check flange design of GK 5000 system prevents any access of moisture to depressurization valve, thus preventing any jamming or corrosion occurrence causing non performance at the moment of operation.
- IP 55 Enclosure with NEMA 4 compliance to suit all indoor and outdoor applications
- Pure Mechanical operation of weight falling under gravity determines efficiency of operation.
- Use of IP 55 junction boxes of high repute and international design aesthetics result in guarantee of system dependability & Performance as all electrical components, like terminals, relays and Conductors are secured against rusting of terminals/ ageing over duration of many years.
- Use of SS nuts and bolts guarantees companies outlook towards maintenance free GK 5000 system in decades of operation in harsh environments.
- High Quality of Cable Glands with IP 65 protection result in 100 % commitment to achieve rust free environment along with presence of Humidity monitoring Hygrostat and automatically operating heater with Thermostat.
- Nitrogen cylinder is pressurized with 99.99 % pure nitrogen gas, thus minimizing any kind of polluting tendency of impure gas during injection stage.
- Provision for safe operation, even in seismic Zones.
- Use of world class IP 67 valve with solenoid operation eliminates the need of pre actuated system.
- Practically Zero application of rubber gaskets at points of critical operation eliminate ageing from GK 5000 systems.
Use of LHD has a major edge over use of Fire detectors.
- No chances of Jamming unlike fire detectors plunger action.
- Covers more area of heat detection as compared to Fire detectors.
- LHD is made from special compound resulting in uniformity of operation at any length of the cable.
- In fire detector even false alarms are possible, if detector bulb is broken due to unforeseen reasons / transformer vibrations.
- Use of rust free galvanized pipes prevents pollution to transformer oil and increases like of equipments.
- Maintenance lock and further signal at the remote control panel.
- The System depressurizes the transformer tank before the static pressure limit of the tank is reached. The depressurization is the most important action to prevent against Transformer Explosion.
Inert gas injection
- After depressurization, the inert gas injection starts and continues approximately 45 minutes.
- The inert gas stirs the oil, mixes warm and cool oil in order to evacuate the explosive gases from the transformer. This action allows the maintenance team to open the transformer safely as the explosive gases in contact with oxygen could generate a post insulation failure explosion with increased risk to human life.
GK5000 SYSTEM DESIGN AND LOGIC - Prevention Mode
GK5000 System Design And Logic - Extinguish Mode
GK5000 System Design And Logic - Manual mode
Prevention Mode Functioning
Stage 1 : Transformer on Normal Condition
Stage 2 : After an internal short circuit that static pressure builds up inside the transformer tank.
Stage 3 : The system detects the internal failure & the pressure is released through depressurization valve & the Conservator Tank is isolated by the system.
Stage 4 : After depressurization, the explosive gases stopped & are evacuated in a safe areas after inert gas injection.
Stage 5 : The transformer tank explosion is therefore averted which ensures successful operation of the system.
Main Components of GK 5000 System
The system control box has been designed to be user-friendly. The operators are not familiar with the preventive device as they are with the other components in a substation, the system is easily comprehended by them. The system control box boasts of best quality like any other system component. As an option Microprocessor control box is also available on customer request / with different option such as Human Machine Interface (HMI) and SCADA compatibility.
Conservator Shutter is used to limit the fire damages in a substation.
Installed between the tank and the conservator, it avoids unnecessary flow of oil in event of abnormal flow to the transformer tank
Without a Conservator Shutter, all the oil coming from the conservator will:
Result in excessive drainage in the oil pit during System successful activation
Or be spilled, feeding a possible fire
The Conservator Shutter is designed to close when an excessive oil flow from the conservator tank is detected
Simple Shutter design aims to be easily operational in normal and maintenance modes
Linear Heat Detectors (LHD)
The sensor cable comprises of two steel conductors individually insulated with a heat sensitive polymer. The insulated conductors are twisted together to impose a spring pressure between them, then wrapped with a protective tape and finished with an outer jacket suitable for the environment in which the Detector will be installed.
Benefits of LHD :
Use of LHD has major advantage over use of Fire detectors.
No chances of malfunctioning unlike fire detectors plunger action contact signals. Covers more area of heat detection as compared to Fire detectors.
LHD is made of special compound resulting in uniformity of operation at any length of the cable.
False alarms are possible in fire detector if detector is broken due to unforeseen reasons or transformer vibrations.
Our Installations in India